At SciChem, we consider our commitment to customers, staff and the wider community to be incredibly important. We recognise our wider responsibilities as a UK company and constantly review our policies, in accordance with UK law.
Our key policy documents are as follows:
Our management system has been certified to a recognised quality standard since 1994 and in 2017 we upgraded to the latest ISO9001:2015 standard. All three sites operate to the same integrated management system.
In 2006 we implemented the ISO14001 Environmental Management System to sit alongside the established quality management system first introduced in 1994. In 2010 the environmental management system was accredited by NQA, and subsequently upgraded to the 2015 standard in 2017.
As part of our commitment to the environmental management system, we:
- Re-use and recycle cardboard, paper, glass, wooden pallets, polythene and plastics at each site where possible
- Encourage catalogue recycling and any printing uses paper from sustainable sources
- Review catalogue print production quantities to minimise printing and use of paper where possible
- Encourage e-procurement and have provided online catalogues since 2001
- Comply with the WEEE regulations
- Comply with the Packaging Responsibilities
- Comply with the Battery Recovery collection regulations
- Have an Environmental Agency licence for collecting hazardous chemical waste and shipping direct to a transfer station
Health & Safety
Since 2002 we have employed external consultants to help manage the health and safety responsibilities and ensure regulatory compliance and adherence to best practice guidelines.
All sites have regular inspections, annual risk management audits, risk assessments, and fully qualified and experienced Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor is available.
Our business philosophy has been developed around a core set of values, which are fundamental to our development and success, and these values focus clearly on our customers. Integrity runs throughout our organisation and by employing and developing the best people in the industry, we are able to use our expertise to develop solutions for customers and which also support the financial performance required for our organisation to survive and prosper. We recognise that we need to invest in our business to ensure its long-term viability and success. We have developed a business ethics policy to ensure that our employees and managers have a clear understanding of the company’s standards of operation and the expectations of our customers and stakeholders. We are committed to maintaining these standards at all times.